If you’ve ever seen a Mentos and Diet Coke geyser, you’ll know how powerful the combination of these two ingredients can be. But is is possible to compare this experient to a relationship with God? Perhaps you’ll see that Finding God is like a Mentos and Diet Coke Experiment when you consider the facts.
First, let’s examine what happens when you add a package of Mentos to a 2- liter bottle of Diet Coke. According Wikapedia, “The numerous small pores on the candy’s surface catalyze the release of carbon dioxide gas from the soda, resulting in the rapid expulsion of copious amounts of foam.”
So, in otherwords, the plastic bottle cannot contain the explosive-action created with this combination.
Consider then that the same thing happens when you add the living spirit of God to a human soul. The God-action created with this explosive combination will soon cause joy and love to bubble out of the human soul and into the lives of others.
But note, God will not breath his spirit into a human soul unless that human invites his presence into their life.
Here are the instructions on how to do that:
- First recognize that you are not perfect and that you need a real relationship or friendship with God.
- Next, invite the presence of God into your soul through prayer (talking to God). Keep in mind that God can hear every whisper, spoken aloud or not. That prayer can be varied, but must include these elements:
- Recognize you are a sinner.
- Recognize that Jesus, the son of God who died on a cross, died for your sins. Good news: God’s power brought Jesus back to life three days after he was buried in a tomb. Jesus is still alive and is with God now.
- Ask God to forgive you for your sins though both the the goodness and sacrifice of Jesus.
- Invite the presence of God into your life.
When these steps are complete, the human will undergo an explosive change. It’s not that the human becomes God, it’s that the human is filled with God’s presence.
This bubbling over can continue though allowing God’s presence to grow and expand through daily Bible study, a good teaching church, and prayer.
So as you can see, Finding God is like a Mentos and Diet Coke Experiment.
To see an example of this experiment, watch the video below:
To see the original source Wikapedia article, click HERE.